* nnir + swish-e
@ 2004-07-29  6:32 Pranav K. Tiwari
From: Pranav K. Tiwari @ 2004-07-29  6:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using nnir with swish-e to search archived mails. I get some 2500
mails I need to archive each month, and the mails are archived into
monthly nnml folders.

If I try to build a single swish-e database, the size of the databse
becomes so huge that swish_e struggles to add anything to it. I can hear
the disk churning - and there is constant page faults, so adding any new
month to the database is impractical.

As an alternative, I have monthly swish_e databases, and search using
nnir.

Is there a better way of doing it? I would like to find out some other
use cases of nnir/swish_e that perform better than what I have - given a
similar volume of mails to search.

-p

--
Pranav Tiwari.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-07-29  6:32 UTC | newest]