* Re: virus in Gnus
       [not found] ` <ilu1y0muoxb.fsf@latte.josefsson.org>
@ 2003-04-01 17:31   ` Oliver Scholz
From: Oliver Scholz @ 2003-04-01 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Oliver Scholz <alkibiades@gmx.de> writes:
>
>> A virus has affected my Emacs. It seems that this happend through
>> Gnus via some Lisp code that was attached to a message.
>>
>> Any advice on what I could do? To scan the hard-disc with McAffee was
>> futile. Please help1!
>
> Try Oort in CVS; a few hours ago I committed a dynamically adaptive
> virus scanner, based on a virtualized Intel x86 CPU implementation in
> elisp, that simulate all incoming code to tell whether it is a virus
> or not.
>
> (Code for other CPUs are handled by invoking a simulator inside the
> virtualized x86, but for now you need to install an external program
> to get that functionality.)

Thanks! However, I still think that it would be good to let
`gnus-article-auto-eval-lisp-snippets' default to nil. It was a bad
idea to set it to t in the first place, IMO. I know that things like
that are considered as "industry leading business solutions" by some
other vendors of MUAs/NUAs, but you see what comes from that ...

    Oliver
--
12 Germinal an 211 de la Révolution
Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité!

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-04-01 17:31 UTC | newest]