* Problem with check-new-newsgroups
@ 2003-05-08  4:37 David
From: David @ 2003-05-08  4:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

First off, I just switched so I may have missed something, but the info
file doesn't seem to agree with what's happening on my machine:

Emacs 21.2, Gnus 5.10.1, Windows XP
Deleted .newsrc and .newsrc.eld and reduced .gnus to just a single sexp
        (setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "my.news.server"))

Started Gnus and it scooped the active file, subscribed me to some
newsgroups (including g.e.gnus) and all seem to be nirvana.
According to info all newsgroups should have been zombied but a quick
check, A z, A k: No zombie groups, No killed groups. ???

The only way I could subscribe to any new groups was to go to the server
buffer and tell it to load the active file again, which should them all
as "K" (I assume this means killed, but that doesn't jive with what the
group buffer seemed to think.

Do things work differently the *very* first time it starts up?  Have
things changed and the info docs just lagging behind?  Any help would be
appreciated.  Thanks.

--
DS

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-05-08  4:37 UTC | newest]