* Re: help: followup in a new frame
       [not found]     ` <yoijn0dtik6i.fsf@frealaf.dd.chalmers.se>
@ 2003-08-29 12:12       ` Jeffery B. Rancier
From: Jeffery B. Rancier @ 2003-08-29 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

bojohan+news@dd.chalmers.se (Johan Bockgård) writes:

> jeff.rancier@softechnics.com (Jeffery B. Rancier) writes:
>
>> Too bad there wasn't an *after-make-frame-hook*.
>
> This one?
>
>      - Variable: after-make-frame-functions
>          An abnormal hook run by `make-frame' after it creates the
>          frame. Each function in `after-make-frame-functions' receives
>          one argument, the frame just created.

Yes, thanks.  Google & the Emacs FAQ3 lead me to try the following,
but now when I attempt a new message, I get two new **mail** frames,
one sized correctly (via the function below), and the other not.

(defun w32-maximize-frame (frame)
  "Maximize the current frame"
  (interactive)
  (w32-send-sys-command 61488))

(setq after-make-frame-functions (cons 'w32-maximize-frame after-make-frame-functions))

--
Thanks,
Jeff

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-08-29 12:12 UTC | newest]