* Re: Gnus Summary Line Format: how to include the To field
       [not found] <86zn7byzmi.fsf@mat.ucm.es>
@ 2004-06-10 21:00 ` Jesper Harder
       [not found]   ` <86brjqcs0m.fsf@mat.ucm.es>
       [not found] ` <v9n03b2mbw.fsf@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de>
From: Jesper Harder @ 2004-06-10 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> I would like to have the same format  in gnus as I have  in vm that is
> roughly
>
> It should contain From To Date Subject that is handy for my mail I
> have to see how it looks for news. In any case I played around and
> could not set it, any suggestions.

You can use

   %~(form (gnus-extra-header 'To))@

in your `gnus-summary-line-format' to display the To header.  So the
format might look something like:

   "%U%R%z%-23,23a %-23,23~(form (gnus-extra-header 'To))@ %d %s\n"

Also look at the %f specifier which displays To instead of From if the

--
Jesper Harder                                <http://purl.org/harder/>

@ 2004-06-11 10:34   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2004-06-11 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10 Jun 2004, 4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 10 2004, Uwe Brauer wrote:
>

>> I have to see how it looks for news.
>
> You can specify different `gnus-summary-line-format' values for mail
> and news.  E.g. using `gnus-parameters' or by setting it via (topic
> or) group parameters (see `G c': `gnus-group-customize').

Hm that would mean I have to do it of every group no?
I tried it with this group and gnus-summary-line-format:
I presume you refer to the end of the menu, where variables are?

Uwe

* Re: Gnus Summary Line Format: how to include the To field
@ 2004-06-11 11:30     ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2004-06-11 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Jun 11 2004, Uwe Brauer wrote:

> On 10 Jun 2004, 4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de wrote:
>> You can specify different `gnus-summary-line-format' values for mail
>> and news.  E.g. using `gnus-parameters' or by setting it via (topic
>> or) group parameters (see `G c': `gnus-group-customize').
>
> Hm that would mean I have to do it of every group no?

No.

(1) With `gnus-parameters':

(setq gnus-summary-line-format "standard-format")
(setq
 gnus-parameters
 '(("^\\(nnimap\\|nnfolder\\|nnml\\)"
    (gnus-summary-line-format "special-format-for-mail"))))

(2) With `gnus-group-customize':

I'd suggest to use topics mode: Put news and mail in different topics
and customize the mail topic using `G c'.

> I tried it with this group and gnus-summary-line-format:
> I presume you refer to the end of the menu, where variables are?

Yes.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Gnus Summary Line Format: how to include the To field
       [not found]     ` <m3lliut4ri.fsf@defun.localdomain>
@ 2004-06-14 16:07       ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2004-06-14 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11 Jun 2004, harder@myrealbox.com wrote:

> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
>
>> On 10 Jun 2004, harder@myrealbox.com wrote:
>>
>>> Also look at the %f specifier which displays To instead of From if
>>> the From header is too boring, e.g. yourself.
>>
>> Just putting the %f specifier double the from field but does not
>> add a to field, I don't know why.
>
> I think you misunderstood the purpose of %f, please see
> <info://gnus/To+From+Newsgroups>.

Very likely I misunderstood this, however I frankly cannot connect to
the node you wrote up, that is using for example goto-address-at-point
or the function
found in emacs wiki

(defun my-jump2 ()
  "Jump to the thing at point."
  (interactive)
  (let ((thing (ffap-guesser)))
       (if thing (ffap thing))
    t))
any how I try the classical way, loading info and see

* Re: Gnus Summary Line Format: how to include the To field
@ 2004-06-14 21:46         ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2004-06-14 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> On 11 Jun 2004, harder@myrealbox.com wrote:
>
>> I think you misunderstood the purpose of %f, please see
>> <info://gnus/To+From+Newsgroups>.
>
> Very likely I misunderstood this, however I frankly cannot connect
> to the node you wrote up, that is using for example
> goto-address-at-point or the function found in emacs wiki

Isn't the link automatically highlighted by Gnus?  You just need to
click on it, and the manual will open at the right spot.

--

@ 2004-06-15 10:26           ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2004-06-15 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 14 Jun 2004, harder@myrealbox.com wrote:

> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
>

> Isn't the link automatically highlighted by Gnus?  You just need to
> click on it, and the manual will open at the right spot.

It  is  not with  xemacs 21.4.15 but  using mouse  3 (right mouse) the
manual opens. Thanks