* cleaning up gnus and starting as if for the first time
@ 2005-03-11  2:23 Cyprian Laskowski
From: Cyprian Laskowski @ 2005-03-11  2:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I've recently got a new machine, installed debian, emacs and gnus.  My
ISP does not provide a news server, so I was trying out different free
ones.  Now I've found one that I like, and I think I'm set.  However,
during this testing period, I've created lots of silly groups, etc.,
and I would just like to clean it all up, customize some gnus
variables, and restart gnus as if it were the first time.  What would
be the simplest and/or cleanest way of doing this?

Thanks,

cyp

* Re: cleaning up gnus and starting as if for the first time
@ 2005-03-11 19:32 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2005-03-11 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Mar 11 2005, Cyprian Laskowski wrote:

> I've recently got a new machine, installed debian, emacs and gnus.  My
> ISP does not provide a news server, so I was trying out different free
> ones.  Now I've found one that I like, and I think I'm set.  However,
> during this testing period, I've created lots of silly groups, etc.,
> and I would just like to clean it all up, customize some gnus
> variables, and restart gnus as if it were the first time.  What would
> be the simplest and/or cleanest way of doing this?

If you are absolutely sure that you don't need any data from your
previous Gnus experiments and that no other MUA has stored data in
~/Mail, you can do:

$ rm -r ~/Mail ~/News .newsrc*

Bye, Reiner.
--