* marking new articles with "."
@ 2005-04-29 14:31 jdh2358
From: jdh2358 @ 2005-04-29 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

I recently upgraded my gnus to 5.9.0 and new messages that come in no
longer have a little dot "." to the left of them in the summary buffer.
 The older version would mark all articles that had been added to the
group since the last time I visited the group with a dot in the summary
buffer.

Is there any way to recover that, or similar, functionality in this
version of gnus?

Thanks,
JDH

* Re: marking new articles with "."
@ 2005-04-29 15:45 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2005-04-29 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 29 Apr 2005, jdh2358@gmail.com wrote:

> I recently upgraded my gnus to 5.9.0 and new messages that come in no
> longer have a little dot "." to the left of them in the summary buffer.
>  The older version would mark all articles that had been added to the
> group since the last time I visited the group with a dot in the summary
> buffer.
>
> Is there any way to recover that, or similar, functionality in this
> version of gnus?

Check the value of the Gnus unseen mark:

(format "%c" gnus-unseen-mark)

You should really consider upgrading to 5.10, though.

Ted

* Re: marking new articles with "."
@ 2005-04-29 16:25   ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2005-04-29 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Apr 29 2005, Ted Zlatanov wrote:

> On 29 Apr 2005, jdh2358@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> I recently upgraded my gnus to 5.9.0 and new messages that come in no
>> longer have a little dot "." to the left of them in the summary buffer.
>>  The older version would mark all articles that had been added to the
>> group since the last time I visited the group with a dot in the summary
>> buffer.
[...]
> Check the value of the Gnus unseen mark:
>
> (format "%c" gnus-unseen-mark)
>
> You should really consider upgrading to 5.10, though.

gnus-unseen-mark was new in 5.10 (Oort) so I think he has been
downgrading as he has seen the mark before or he's confusing versions.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)