* Authinfo and nntpcache
@ 2008-06-24 14:23 Lloyd Zusman
From: Lloyd Zusman @ 2008-06-24 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I've encounterd a problem using No Gnus v0.11 to connect to an nntp
server that is running the nntpcache software (version 3.0.2 from
http://iq.org/~proff/nntpcache.org).

I set up the nntpcache  to require authentication, but despite the fact
that I have the proper authentication information in my ~/.authinfo file
for this server, gnus never initiates an authinfo sequence.

I believe that I have nntpcache set up correctly, because other
newsreaders manage to issue the authinfo and get me connected with no
problem.  Also, when I telnet to the nntp port of that nntpcache-based
server and manually issue the authinfo sequence, it works fine and gives
me access to all the groups.

Ideally, I'd like gnus to always send the authinfo sequence when connecting
to this nntp server. However, for some reason, gnus doesn't do this,
irrespective of the fact that I have an entry for this server in
~/.authinfo.

Is anyone here using gnus to connect to any nntpcache-based servers, and
if so, have you encountered and, hopefully, solved this problem?

I've already asked this question to the nntpcache maintainer. Nonetheless,
I'm also asking here in case one or more of you are familiar with this
issue.

Thanks in advance.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@asfast.com

* Re: Authinfo and nntpcache
@ 2008-06-24 17:39 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2008-06-24 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Tue, Jun 24 2008, Lloyd Zusman wrote:
[ The same as on ding ]

Please don't multipost message to several lists/newsgroups.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)