* Wrapping header fields
@ 2005-03-23 20:10 Anders Wegge Jakobsen
From: Anders Wegge Jakobsen @ 2005-03-23 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

 I've discovered that sometimes the Subject: line in the header of
outgoing messages are wrapped at an odd position, like this:

 Re: Forsvarsminister svært bevæbnet i Afghanistan

 Probably because the subject is encoded:

 =?iso-8859-1?q?Re:_Forsvarsminister_sv=E6rt_bev=E6bnet_i_Afghanistan? =

 I'm not sure if that is legal or not, but as it has the effect that I
can't see my own postings, I suspect that the same is true for others
as well. So, what can I do about this?

 Gnus v5.9.0

--
/Wegge
Min holdning til Usenet - <http://wiki.wegge.dk/Usenet>

* Re: Wrapping header fields
@ 2005-03-31 12:16 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2005-03-31 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Mar 23 2005, Anders Wegge Jakobsen wrote:

>  I've discovered that sometimes the Subject: line in the header of
> outgoing messages are wrapped at an odd position, like this:

>  Re: Forsvarsminister svært bevæbnet i Afghanistan
>
>  Probably because the subject is encoded:
>
>  =?iso-8859-1?q?Re:_Forsvarsminister_sv=E6rt_bev=E6bnet_i_Afghanistan? =
>
>  I'm not sure if that is legal or not, but as it has the effect that I
> can't see my own postings, I suspect that the same is true for others
> as well. So, what can I do about this?
>
>  Gnus v5.9.0

Fixed in No Gnus and in the stable branch. See
<URL:http://thread.gmane.org/v9psxo7sik.fsf@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de>.
Thanks for pointing this out.

Bye, Reiner.
--