* Re: Showing "To" headers instead of "From" in Sent folder
       [not found]   ` <a7043d61.0311062002.16067a1e@posting.google.com>
@ 2003-11-07 13:44     ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2003-11-07 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Nov 07 2003, Sivaram Neelakantan wrote:

> Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> wrote...
[...]
> Ok, it worked just as it said in the manual, thanks!  though I dont
> quite follow what nnmail settings, NOV files have to do with imap.

nnimap (though not derived from nnmail as nnml or nnfolder, IIRC) uses
some nnmail-* variables.  The summary lines are taken from the
overview (if available?).

>> The value of the "Gcc" header?  It may change in every article you
>> write.  But maybe it would be okay to do the extra header thingy (and
>> the change in the format line, too?) by default in all groups.
>
> I dont get it.  GCC headers are there when you compose mail.  It
> follows, that in the default behaviour of gnus, it will show only the
> "From" header in the GCC group, which is your email-id; very much the
> same behaviour as in the "sent-mail" folder.  That's why I was
> suggesting, that this should be made as the default for GCC groups.

I fail to understand your definition of "Gcc groups".  In Gnus,
*every* group on writable back ends can be a "Gcc group" or
"sent-mail"-like folder.  We may add "To" to `nnmail-extra-headers' by
default for *all* groups.  But a distinction between "Gcc groups" and
"non-Gcc groups" just doesn't exist.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-11-07 13:44 UTC | newest]