* Replying to a post.
@ 2005-04-23 21:03 Pascal Bourguignon
From: Pascal Bourguignon @ 2005-04-23 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Before upgrading to:
emacs "22.0.50.1"
gnus  "Gnus v5.11"
I could reply to a newsgroup post with "r".

Now whatever I try, I get only a new email instead of a new post,
replying to the author instead of posting a response to the newsgroup.
What gnus function must I use to reply to the newsgroup?

* Re: Replying to a post.
@ 2005-04-23 22:19 ` Eric Jacoboni
From: Eric Jacoboni @ 2005-04-23 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <87ll79w6h7.fsf@thalassa.informatimago.com>, Pascal
Bourguignon <pjb@informatimago.com> wrote:

> Now whatever I try, I get only a new email instead of a new post,
> replying to the author instead of posting a response to the newsgroup.
> What gnus function must I use to reply to the newsgroup?

'f' to followup without quoting
'F' to followup with quoting

* Re: Replying to a post.
@ 2005-04-23 22:24   ` Pascal Bourguignon
From: Pascal Bourguignon @ 2005-04-23 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eric Jacoboni <jaco@neottia.net> writes:

> In article <87ll79w6h7.fsf@thalassa.informatimago.com>, Pascal
> Bourguignon <pjb@informatimago.com> wrote:
>
>> Now whatever I try, I get only a new email instead of a new post,
>> replying to the author instead of posting a response to the newsgroup.
>> What gnus function must I use to reply to the newsgroup?
>
> 'f' to followup without quoting
> 'F' to followup with quoting

Thanks.

Kitty like plastic.
Confuses for litter box.
Don't leave tarp around.

* Re: Replying to a post.
@ 2005-04-24 10:52     ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2005-04-24 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Apr 24 2005, Pascal Bourguignon wrote:

> Eric Jacoboni <jaco@neottia.net> writes:
>
>> Pascal Bourguignon <pjb@informatimago.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Now whatever I try, I get only a new email instead of a new post,
>>> replying to the author instead of posting a response to the newsgroup.
>>> What gnus function must I use to reply to the newsgroup?
>>
>> 'f' to followup without quoting
>> 'F' to followup with quoting
>
> Thanks.

Note that this hasn't changed in Gnus so it must be a local
modification in your init files.

See also:

,----[ Gnus FAQ: (info "(gnus)[5.9]") ]
| Sometimes I accidentally hit r instead of f in newsgroups. Can Gnus
| warn me, when I'm replying by mail in newsgroups?
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,