* Re: Choosing the right MIME type when sending attachment
       [not found] <ubri3xbyj.fsf@laposte.net>
@ 2004-07-26 15:46 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2004-07-26 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Jul 26 2004, John Robot wrote:

> What can I do so that Gnus chooses the right MIME type when I'm
> attaching files?
>
> If I attach a Word file (.doc extension), I'd like Gnus to
> select by default `application/msword' instead of
> `application/octet-stream'...
>
> Is there a mailcap-like file to edit,

Yes.  And surprisingly it is called `~/.mailcap'. ;-) Oops, in fact
it's ~/.mime.types rather than ~/mailcap I think.

> or a variable to set?

(eval-after-load "mailcap"
  '(add-to-list 'mailcap-mime-extensions '(".doc" . "application/msword")))

See also (info "(emacs-mime)mailcap").

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-07-26 15:46 UTC | newest]