* Opening Attachments
@ 2004-02-01  3:31 Randy Yates
       [not found] ` <v98yjnt2nf.fsf@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de>
From: Randy Yates @ 2004-02-01  3:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'd like gnus to, e.g., automatically open MSWord and load the
attachment into it when I position the cursor over an MSWord
attachment and press <RET>, but all it does is query for a location to
save the file. Is there pre-defined keystoke to do this? I've looked
through the gnus and emacs-mime manuals and couldn't recognize an
answer to this question.
--
%  Randy Yates                  % "Rollin' and riding and slippin' and
%% Fuquay-Varina, NC            %  sliding, it's magic."

* Re: Opening Attachments
       [not found]   ` <llnkaoh9.fsf@ieee.org>
@ 2004-02-03 10:03     ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2004-02-03 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Feb 03 2004, Randy Yates wrote:

> Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> writes:
[...]
>> ,----[ (info "(emacs-mime)mailcap") ]
>> |    The `~/.mailcap' file is parsed by most MIME-aware message handlers
>> | and describes how elements are supposed to be displayed.  Here's an
>> | example file:
>> |
>> |      image/*; gimp -8 %s
>> |      audio/wav; wavplayer %s
>> |      application/msword; catdoc %s ; copiousoutput ; nametemplate=%s.doc
>> `----
>
> Are "copiousoutput" and "nametemplate" keywords that emacs-mime
> recognizes?

"copiousoutput": yes, "nametemplate": no.  (Found by grepping the
source; I didn't look into the details).

> Where are such keywords documented (no sign of them in the emacs-mime
> manual)?

RFC 1524 ("Multimedia Mail Configuration") or the mailcap man page (on
Unices).

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,