* Gnus choosing to render text/html part of  message
@ 2007-07-25 16:39 Jerry Sievers
From: Jerry Sievers @ 2007-07-25 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello.

With gnus-ignored-mime-types set to text/html,  the article buffer is
still rendering the html part instead of text/plain  part of messages
with the 2 mime alternates.

If there's a setting  to make text/plain be preferred, I've not
discovered it yet.

Gnus V5.9.0

Thanks

Jerry Sievers   732 365-2844 (work)     Production Database Administrator
                305 321-1144 (mobil	WWW E-Commerce Consultant

* Re: Gnus choosing to render text/html part of  message
@ 2007-07-25 19:04 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-07-25 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Wed, Jul 25 2007, Jerry Sievers wrote:

> With gnus-ignored-mime-types set to text/html,  the article buffer is
> still rendering the html part instead of text/plain  part of messages
> with the 2 mime alternates.
>
> If there's a setting  to make text/plain be preferred, I've not
> discovered it yet.

See `mm-discouraged-alternatives' in
(info "(emacs-mime)Display Customization") <== Press C-x C-e here!

> Gnus V5.9.0

Please upgrade.  I'd suggest to upgrade to Emacs 22.1 which includes
Gnus 5.11.  If that's not possible, please upgrade to Gnus 5.10.8.

I'm not sure if `mm-discouraged-alternatives' is available in 5.9.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)