* sort the articles on imap server by date physically
@ 2005-04-13 13:54 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2005-04-13 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

Due to some changes and collapses of the mail sytem, some of my mail
on the imap server, in some folders, is not in chronological order.
With gnus I can sort it by date, however this sorting is not
permanent. VM on the other hand offers a possibility to sort messages
either virtually or physically. Does gnus offer such a
functionality. I searched the documentation but without success.

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

* Re: sort the articles on imap server by date physically
@ 2005-04-16 13:24 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2005-04-16 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Apr 13 2005, Uwe Brauer wrote:

> Due to some changes and collapses of the mail sytem, some of my mail
> on the imap server, in some folders, is not in chronological order.
> With gnus I can sort it by date, however this sorting is not
> permanent.

Enter the group with `C-u RET', sort by date `C-c C-s C-d', process
mark all articles `M P b' and move all file to the same folder `B m'.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: sort the articles on imap server by date physically
@ 2005-04-19  9:24   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2005-04-19  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Reiner> Enter  the  group with `C-u   RET', sort by date  `C-c C-s
    Reiner> C-d', process mark all articles `M  P b' and move all file
    Reiner> to the same folder `B m'.
Thanks

Uwe

* Re: sort the articles on imap server by date physically
@ 2005-04-19 17:51   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2005-04-19 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Reiner> On Wed, Apr 13 2005, Uwe Brauer wrote:

    >> Due to some changes and collapses of the mail sytem, some of my
    >>  mail  on  the   imap   server, in   some  folders, is   not in
    >> chronological order.  With gnus I can  sort it by date, however
    >> this sorting is not permanent.

    Reiner>  Enter the  group with  `C-u RET',  sort by date  `C-c C-s
    Reiner> C-d', process mark all articles `M  P b' and move all file
    Reiner> to the same folder `B m'.

It seems not to work correctly with imap server which are agentized.
Some message gets doubled, regeneration does not help neither. I have
to I delete the .overview file an to regenerate.

Uwe

* Re: sort the articles on imap server by date physically
@ 2005-04-21 18:21     ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2005-04-21 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Apr 19 2005, Uwe Brauer wrote:

>     Reiner>  Enter the  group with  `C-u RET',  sort by date  `C-c C-s
>     Reiner> C-d', process mark all articles `M  P b' and move all file
>     Reiner> to the same folder `B m'.
>
> It seems not to work correctly with imap server which are agentized.
> Some message gets doubled, regeneration does not help neither. I have
> to I delete the .overview file an to regenerate.

Maybe people on the developer list (ding@gnus.org) could help.  Be
sure to put "imap" and "agent" in the subject.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)