* Avoiding displaying HTML messages
@ 2004-04-21 12:21 Ronan KERYELL
From: Ronan KERYELL @ 2004-04-21 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

More and more SPAM hit some bugs in my GNUS 5.9.0 : the display engine is
locked up and it's ringing continuously. ^G is inefficient, q s q just
SIGSEG-faults Emacs... :-(

It looks related to the display of mails with HTML in them.

Well, since I do not read HTML mail, if I could just display HTML as text
it should be OK.

Something else could avoid this : to be able to avoid displaying the first
unread message when entering a group.

Any hint?

Thank you,
--
  Ronan KERYELL               |\/  Tel:    (+33|0) 2.29.00.14.15
  Labo Informatique & Télécom |/)  Fax:    (+33|0) 2.29.00.12.82

* Re: Avoiding displaying HTML messages
@ 2004-04-21 13:28 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2004-04-21 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

http://my.gnus.org/faq/html-nochunks/#id2491979

> Something else could avoid this : to be able to avoid displaying the first
> unread message when entering a group.

Use RET instead of SPC to enter the group.  See also:

,----[ C-h v gnus-auto-select-first RET ]
| gnus-auto-select-first's value is t
|
| Documentation:
| *If non-nil, select the article under point.
| Which article this is is controlled by the `gnus-auto-select-subject'
| variable.
|
| If you want to prevent automatic selection of articles in some
| newsgroups, set the variable to nil in `gnus-select-group-hook'.
|
| You can customize this variable.
|
| Defined in `gnus-sum'.
`----

Bye, Reiner.