* Help on: Cannot open load file: bbdb-sc
@ 2007-01-23  9:53 Torben Knudsen
From: Torben Knudsen @ 2007-01-23  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

I get the following error when trying to reply with the key R in
gnus.  How can I fix that.  I has worked fine until just now.

run-hooks: Cannot open load file: bbdb-sc

--
Associate Prof. Ph.D Torben Knudsen	Phone	: (+45) 9635 8670
Section of Automation and Control,	Email	: tk@es.aau.dk

* Re: Help on: Cannot open load file: bbdb-sc
@ 2007-01-23 10:38 ` Torben Knudsen
From: Torben Knudsen @ 2007-01-23 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Torben> I get the following error when trying to reply with the key R
Torben> in gnus.  How can I fix that.  I has worked fine until just
Torben> now.

Torben> Loading supercite...  run-hooks: Cannot open load file:
Torben> bbdb-sc

I have removed the error by deleting everything about bbdb in .emacs
and .gnus.  Why this is necessary I don't know??
--

@ 2007-01-23 16:42   ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2007-01-23 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 23 Jan 2007, tk@es.aau.dk wrote:

> Torben> I get the following error when trying to reply with the key R
> Torben> in gnus.  How can I fix that.  I has worked fine until just
> Torben> now.
>
> Torben> Loading supercite...  run-hooks: Cannot open load file:
> Torben> bbdb-sc
>
> I have removed the error by deleting everything about bbdb in .emacs
> and .gnus.  Why this is necessary I don't know??

The file bbdb-sc.el (or bbdb-sc.elc) is missing.  Either you or an
automated process erased it.  Exit Emacs, go back in, and do

M-x locate-library bbdb
M-x locate-library bbdb-sc

Ted

* Re: Help on: Cannot open load file: bbdb-sc
@ 2007-01-23 16:54   ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-01-23 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jan 23 2007, Torben Knudsen wrote:

> Torben> I get the following error when trying to reply with the key R
> Torben> in gnus.  How can I fix that.  I has worked fine until just
> Torben> now.
>
> Torben> Loading supercite...  run-hooks: Cannot open load file:
> Torben> bbdb-sc
>
> I have removed the error by deleting everything about bbdb in .emacs
> and .gnus.  Why this is necessary I don't know??

Probably because you have turned on supercite recently (the "-sc" in
bbdb-sc refers to supercite).

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,