* Re: Caching IMAP articles
       [not found]         ` <ilur7o4usa9.fsf@latte.josefsson.org>
@ 2004-10-12 11:19           ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2004-10-12 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Oct 12 2004, Simon Josefsson wrote:

> Xavier Maillard <zedek@gnu-rox.org> writes:
[...]
>> Agent doesn't expire any article in your configuration so what if
>> you mark an article as expirable ?
>
> I don't expire articles.  I think that marking an article expirable
> would only do something if I have some expiring mechanism
> (total-expire, auto-expire, etc) enabled, but I don't.

Leaving the agent out of the game (I don't use it), total-expire or
auto-expire aren't necessary to get rid of expire articles.  Articles
which have been marked as expirable, will be deleted after
`expiry-wait' days (I don't remember what the default value is) when
you (enter and) exit the group.

[ Sorry, if I misunderstood what you meant to say. ]

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-10-12 11:19 UTC | newest]