* mime: View Internally with catdoc, Externally with OpenOffice
@ 2004-10-06 10:40 Uwe Brauer
       [not found] ` <v9brfgt3ol.fsf@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de>
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2004-10-06 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

I would like to display word attachments, either *internally*
using
catdoc, antiword or wvText or anything like this, however if this
conversion fails, I would like to use
via *View externally* Openoffice.

As I understand gnus scans the .mailcap file, but I don't know how to
set this up in order to achieve what I want.

Can anybody help me, thanks in advance

Uwe Brauer

* Re: mime: View Internally with catdoc, Externally with OpenOffice
       [not found] ` <v9brfgt3ol.fsf@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de>
@ 2004-10-06 14:16   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2004-10-06 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Reiner> On Wed, Oct 06 2004, Uwe Brauer wrote:
    >> I would like to display word attachments, either *internally*
    >> using catdoc, antiword or wvText or anything like this, however
    >> if this conversion fails, I would like to use via *View
    >> externally* Openoffice.
    >>
    >> As I understand gnus scans the .mailcap file, but I don't know
    >> how to set this up in order to achieve what I want.

    Reiner> Put something like...

    Reiner> application/msword; catdoc -s 8859-1 -d 8859-1 %s;
    Reiner> copiousoutput; nametemplate=%s.doc

    Reiner> ... or ...

    Reiner> application/msword; antiword %s; copiousoutput;
    Reiner> nametemplate=%s.doc

    Reiner> ... in `~/.mailcap'.  (You may use `M-:
OK this works Using for mouse-2, thanks a lot:

However it seems that gnus does not
distinguish between view internally and externally, in the mailcap file
there is also only *ONE* entry concerning msword doc. How can I have
an internal and a (different) external viewer

Or is the only way to display it interactively then.

Uwe

* Re: mime: View Internally with catdoc, Externally with OpenOffice
@ 2004-10-07 18:37     ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2004-10-07 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Oct 06 2004, Uwe Brauer wrote:

> However it seems that gnus does not
> distinguish between view internally and externally, in the mailcap file
> there is also only *ONE* entry concerning msword doc. How can I have
> an internal and a (different) external viewer

I'm afraid I don't quite understand you.

There are test functions: `mm-inline-media-tests' in Gnus and the
"test=..." stuff in mailcap.  But I'm not sure if this is useful for
you.

As I understood, you don't know which viewer you want to have
initially, but only when the first one fails.  Instead of `v' you may
also use `t' and make a shortcut for it:

In mailcap:
  application/msword-ooo; OOo %s; nametemplate=%s.doc

(define-key gnus-mime-button-map (kbd "O") ;; some key
  '(lambda ()
     (interactive)
     (gnus-mime-view-part-as-type "application/msword-ooo")))

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)