* problem with citiation prefix
@ 2003-09-30 12:11 Uwe Brauer
       [not found] ` <vzsmmeedzc.fsf@redqueen.bytechase.cx>
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2003-09-30 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

I have set

`message-yank-prefix' to

Value: " > "

 `message-yank-cited-prefix'

Value: " > "

Nevertheless when replying to a article in gnus the citation appear
like
>hall
instead of
 > hall
and
>>and I said
instead of
 > >  and I said

What is wrong in my setting?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

* Re: problem with citiation prefix
       [not found]     ` <vzoex2eay4.fsf@redqueen.bytechase.cx>
@ 2003-09-30 14:17       ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2003-09-30 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 30 Sep 2003, viteno@xemacs.org wrote:

> Have you had a look at supercite?  It allows you to not using nested
> citations at all.  You might get into flamewars about it in some
> newsgroups (I did when I used it), but in general people learn to
> live with it.
>
> norbert.
Yeah Adrian told me about it, it just does not work for me.
Maybe I try it again. It seems also a little unflexible that is
you can't delete several levels, just all or nothing

Uwe

* Re: problem with citiation prefix
       [not found]     ` <jwv4qyujrp6.fsf-monnier+gnu.emacs.gnus@vor.iro.umontreal.ca>
@ 2003-09-30 16:32       ` Uwe Brauer
       [not found]         ` <jwv65jaib8x.fsf-monnier+gnu.emacs.gnus@vor.iro.umontreal.ca>
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2003-09-30 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 30 Sep 2003, monnier@iro.umontreal.ca wrote:

>> I get can't send message via news: 441 article not posted --more
>> included text than news....
>
> How about heeding the implicit advice and trim your quoted text ?
> It's not always possible/reasonable, of course.
This is what I try  desperately to achieve in  the last days, I want a
flexible way of  manipulation quoted text, and  most  of the times  to
delete various levels of citations. But how, supercite was pointed out
to me (setting sc-nested-citation-p to t) but this does not work.

VM comes with a nice function to delete layers of citation (2th 3rd)
etc, but seems not to work in gnus (as said before I even can not
configure the yank prefix, ie gnus ignore my setting)

* Re: problem with citiation prefix
       [not found]           ` <m3fzie41sk.fsf@maport01.mat.ucm.es>
@ 2003-09-30 16:33             ` Norbert Koch
From: Norbert Koch @ 2003-09-30 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Uwe Brauer <oub@eucmos.sim.ucm.es> writes:

>> (add-hook 'mail-citation-hook 'sc-cite-original)
> still wondering why I don't get this nifty [snip] or anything like
> this using supercite.

Maybe, because the [snip] is part of 'C-c C-e' along with a personal
customisation of the elide replacement?

norbert.