* Re: To instead of From header only in mail.send group
       [not found]   ` <878ynugdql.fsf@localhost.localdomain>
@ 2003-10-10  5:23     ` Norbert Koch
From: Norbert Koch @ 2003-10-10  5:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andreas Goesele <goesele@hfph.mwn.de> writes:

> This leads to the string "%20.20F" being printed in the two special
> groups and the string "%20.20f" in all others - not what I want :-(

Uh yes, my fault.  You have to create the value not the specifier in
the user functions.

> For the special groups I can solve that if instead I use:
>
> (defun gnus-user-format-function-F (dummy)
>    (if (or (string-match gnus-newsgroup-name "special-1")
>            (string-match gnus-newsgroup-name "special-2"))
>      (gnus-extra-header 'To)
>      "%20.20f"))
>
> But what would be the corresponding replacement for the rest of the
> groups (where I would like to have the default behavior)? Also, while
> in the special groups I now see what I want to see, accessing any
> group I now get first the error message: "Wrong type argument:
> stringp, nil" and only than I can access the groups.

According to the docs, the function is called with the message
headers.  So (gnus-header-from dummy) should do this.  Maybe a final
call to FORMAT would render better readable results.

You get the error, because gnus-newsgroup-name is not set the first
time you enter a group :-(  And I don't know a way to get across this
off the top of my head.  But there must be a way.

Hmm, you still could try the gnus-parameter thingy.

norbert.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-10-10  5:23 UTC | newest]