* sending mail not working
@ 2005-03-25  6:57 aarduengo
From: aarduengo @ 2005-03-25  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

My smtp server requitres authentication which I have set up in
.authinfo but for some reason gnus won't send any mail out.  Is this a
known issue?  I have googled for hours and not found anything that
fixes this.  I can use other mail clients fine so I feel it is gnus
related.

Thank you.
-Al A.
--
Vote for Pedro

* Re: sending mail not working
@ 2005-03-25 12:26 ` Billy O'Connor
From: Billy O'Connor @ 2005-03-25 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

aarduengo@sbcglobal.net writes:

> My smtp server requitres authentication which I have set up in
> .authinfo but for some reason gnus won't send any mail out.  Is this a
> known issue?  I have googled for hours and not found anything that
> fixes this.  I can use other mail clients fine so I feel it is gnus
> related.

I had to get the cvs version of emacs to use smtp auth, I don't know
if that's changed yet or not.

--
Billy O'Connor

* Re: sending mail not working
@ 2005-03-25 14:46 ` Andrew Raines
From: Andrew Raines @ 2005-03-25 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

aarduengo@sbcglobal.net writes:

> My smtp server requitres authentication which I have set up
> in .authinfo but for some reason gnus won't send any mail
> out.  Is this a known issue?  I have googled for hours and
> not found anything that fixes this.  I can use other mail
> clients fine so I feel it is gnus related.

Have you read this?

  http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/SmtpAuth

--
    aaraines@pobox.com (Andrew A. Raines)