* custom signature and from
@ 2007-03-30 16:03 Uri Guttman
From: Uri Guttman @ 2007-03-30 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

i am looking for a simple way to customize my from header and signature
based on to whom i am sending mail. i have found some libs that do way
more than i want (random sig quotes) but nothing that just looks at the
to/cc headers and selects from a set of files. are there any libs that
do this or similar? i am using v5.10.6 under emacs 21.4.1.

i know about the message-signature variable but i am sure there are
existing libs that i can use for this.

thanx,

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  uri@stemsystems.com  -------- http://www.stemsystems.com

* Re: custom signature and from
@ 2007-03-30 18:12 ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-03-30 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On 2007-03-30, Uri Guttman said:

> i am looking for a simple way to customize my from header and signature
> based on to whom i am sending mail. i have found some libs that do way
> more than i want (random sig quotes) but nothing that just looks at the
> to/cc headers and selects from a set of files. are there any libs that
> do this or similar? i am using v5.10.6 under emacs 21.4.1.
>
> i know about the message-signature variable but i am sure there are
> existing libs that i can use for this.

(info "(gnus)Posting Styles")

* Re: custom signature and from
@ 2007-03-30 18:31 ` Slackrat
From: Slackrat @ 2007-03-30 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

* Uri Guttman <uri@stemsystems.com> a écrit
> i am looking for a simple way to customize my from header and signature
> based on to whom i am sending mail. i have found some libs that do way
> more than i want (random sig quotes) but nothing that just looks at the
> to/cc headers and selects from a set of files. are there any libs that
> do this or similar? i am using v5.10.6 under emacs 21.4.1.
>
> i know about the message-signature variable but i am sure there are
> existing libs that i can use for this.

(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '((".*"

;; BASIC
;; #####
         (signature-file "~/.signature/bill")
	 (name mail-user-name)
	 (address "inconnu@azurservers.com")
         ("X-Homepage" "http://azurservers.com/")
	 ("X-Operating-System" "Slackware GNU/Linux --current");;
         ("X-GUARANTEE1" "This email is Guaranteed to have been free of any malevolent
              content or attachments when sent from <user>@azurservers.com.
              Azurservers.com publishes SPF records and any UCE or otherwise
              harmful content should be reported to abuse@azurservers.com")
	 (organization "Front National [http://www.frontnational.com]"))

;; NEWSGROUPS - USENET
;; ###################
;;
;; REC
	("rec"
	 (name "Davey Crockett")
         ("From" "Davey Crockett <daveycrockett4Q@azurservers.com>")
	 (signature-file "~/.signature/davey4q")
	 ("Fcc" "~/Mail/sent-rec"))
;; ALT
	("alt"
	 (name "Davey Crockett")
         ("From" "Davey Crockett <daveycrockett4Q@azurservers.com>")
	 (signature-file "~/.signature/davey4q")
	 ("Fcc" "~/Mail/sent-alt"))
 ;;;        (setq randomsig-static-string "TESTER, Bill Henderson")
;; GNU
	("gnu"
	 (name "Slackrat")
         ("From" "Slackrat <slackrat4Q@azurservers.com>")
	 (signature-file "~/.signature/slackrat4q")
	 ("Fcc" "~/Mail/sent-gnu"))

;; MAIL LISTS
;; ##########
;;

..

;; FAMILY
;; ######
;;

..

;; FRIENDS
;; #######
;;

..

))

--
Regards, Slackrat [Bill Henderson] [No _4Q_ for direct email]

* Re: custom signature and from
@ 2007-03-30 19:02   ` Uri Guttman
From: Uri Guttman @ 2007-03-30 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

  L> On 2007-03-30, Uri Guttman said:
  >> i am looking for a simple way to customize my from header and signature
  >> based on to whom i am sending mail. i have found some libs that do way
  >> more than i want (random sig quotes) but nothing that just looks at the
  >> to/cc headers and selects from a set of files. are there any libs that
  >> do this or similar? i am using v5.10.6 under emacs 21.4.1.
  >>
  >> i know about the message-signature variable but i am sure there are
  >> existing libs that i can use for this.

  L> (info "(gnus)Posting Styles")

when i searched for message-signature in info on gnus, that page didn't
show up. but that is just what i wanted.

thanx,

uri

--

@ 2007-04-05 19:22   ` Uri Guttman
From: Uri Guttman @ 2007-04-05 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

a followup question is whether you can choose your from/sig on the fly
via a command (i can code it up and bind it fine). i sometimes will want
to decide on an identity as i write it. gnus-posting-styles will be fine
if i write to someone which matches something but if i write a to a new
address which doesn't match, how would i change it on the fly (and not
use the default)?  of course i could add this domain to my
gnus-posting-styles before i write the email. this is just something you
see on the mostly crappy gui emailers, a menu of which identity to
choose.

thanx,

uri

--