* I have to start gnus twice to get the proper article count
@ 2007-04-18 17:46 Jeff Lessem
From: Jeff Lessem @ 2007-04-18 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

For some reason, when I start gnus or gnus-slave the first time in a
new emacs instance, I have to 'q' quiet gnus, and then restart it
before my article count is correct.  The first time I start it the
count is possibly the total number of messages in the group, instead
of the number of unread articles.  The second time it correctly shows
the number of unread articles.

That is an easy workaround, so usually it isn't a problem.  However,
if I make a change on the first start, and let gnus save, then the
unread article count is reset to whatever number of articles gnus
is showing for the group.

The incorrect count appears on nntp groups, but not nnmh groups.

I'm having this problem on No Gnus v0.6 running on XEmacs 21.4 (patch
20) "Double Solitaire" [Lucid].  I've had it for quite sometime, but
with the easy workaround I haven't pursued it.

I'm happy to provide any additional information useful for debugging.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-04-18 17:46 UTC | newest]