* Sending message from template?
@ 2003-01-14 16:56 Peter Davis
       [not found] ` <7kd736w4.fsf@hschmi22.userfqdn.rz-online.de>
From: Peter Davis @ 2003-01-14 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

I run some mailing lists which require moderator approval for
membership.  When I get a message from the list server (Yahoo!)
telling me so-and-so wants to join, I want to be able to send a
message to so-and-so saying, in effect, "who are you and what do you
want?" (It's somewhat more polite than this.)

I'd like to make this as automatic as possible.  At a minimum, I'd
like to bring up the canned template message and just plug in the
so-and-so's email address.  Even better would be to parse the
so-and-so email address from the header of the notification message,
but that's a frill.

Is there a way to do template messages with gnus?  (I'm sure there
is.  I guess I'm basically asking how to do it.)

Thanks,

-pd

--
--------
                             Peter Davis

* Re: Sending message from template?
       [not found]   ` <of6jo6c0.fsf@bitstream.com>
@ 2003-01-14 22:05     ` Raymond Scholz
From: Raymond Scholz @ 2003-01-14 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Peter Davis <pd@world.std.com> wrote:

> That works pretty well, but I don't see any automatic way to insert
> the contents of a file.

	 (body (with-temp-buffer
		 (insert-file-contents "foo.txt")
		 (buffer-string)))

Cheers, Ray
--
Look Ma, this man can twist his fingers as if they were made of rubber,
isn't that amazing? -- Not really, he's been using Emacs for years...!

* Re: Sending message from template?
@ 2003-01-15 20:57       ` Peter Davis
From: Peter Davis @ 2003-01-15 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Raymond Scholz <ray-2003@zonix.de> writes:

> * Peter Davis <pd@world.std.com> wrote:
>
> > That works pretty well, but I don't see any automatic way to insert
> > the contents of a file.
>
> 	 (body (with-temp-buffer
> 		 (insert-file-contents "foo.txt")
> 		 (buffer-string)))

Works like a champ.  Thanks!

I'm still not totally happy with using posting styles for this, but it
might be workable.  I have to redo my splitting to put all and only
the messages I need to handle in this way in a separate group.

Thanks all!

-pd

--
--------