* Re: X: Change font-size only in summary-buffer.
       [not found]       ` <87vff8vfpk.fsf@eg.terra>
@ 2004-08-24 21:06         ` Josef Oswald
       [not found]           ` <87eklvbljm.fsf@eg.terra>
From: Josef Oswald @ 2004-08-24 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

peterg@despammed.com (Peter G.) writes:

> Josef Oswald <NO.SPAM.for.gnus@chello.at> writes:
>
>> This is actually stored in ~/.xemacs/custom.el and looks like this:
>>
>>  '(gnus-group-mail-2-empty-face ((((class color) (background light))
>>  (:foreground "whitesmoke" :background "darkviolet" :size "16pts"
>>  :family "Trebuchet Ms" :bold t :underline t))))
>>  '(gnus-group-mail-2-face ((((class color) (background light))
>>  (:foreground "firebrick" :background "yellow" :size "16pts" :family
>>  "Nexus" :bold t :italic nil :underline nil))))
>
> Thanks. After having tried finding an easier method, I bit the bullet
> and customized quite a lot of the faces by 'M-x customize'. It works.

To customize a whole bunch of faces I went trough a similar route :-)
That's why it's called _customize_ :-)

> Which leads me to another question. How can I customize faces for
> visible custom headers in news and mail ? I'm thinking 'Date',
> 'User-Agent' et cetera.

also with M-x customize-face

again if you use tab then after gnus-header- then you will se a _few_
options,
gnus-header-content-face
gnus-header-from-face
gnus-header-name-face
gnus-header-newsgroups-face
gnus-header-subject-face

I usually load all (default) and then search CRTL - s for gnus.

A few headers can't be changed, I display not all of them, only when I
need to see more info, then I hit "t" (without the quotations-marks) in
the summary buffer.

Right now those are the only headers shown on any article:

From: peterg@despammed.com (Peter G.)
Subject: Re: X: Change font-size only in summary-buffer.
Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.gnus

hth

have fun :-)
--
Josef Oswald also -> gnus@chello.at  :-)
--

* Re: X: Change font-size only in summary-buffer.
       [not found]               ` <873c2aledq.fsf@eg.terra>
From: Josef Oswald @ 2004-08-26 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

peterg@despammed.com (Peter G.) writes:

> Alexander Syrov <asyrov@mail.ru> writes:
>
>> An example from my ~/.gnus:
>>
>> ;; Smaller fonts in group & summary buffers (dolist (f (face-list)) (if
>> (or (string-match "\\`gnus-group-" (symbol-name f)) (string-match
>> "\\`gnus-summary-" (symbol-name f))) (set-face-attribute f nil :height
>> 120)))
>>
>> You may try a similar approach for your needs.
>
> *Groan*  And you tell me this NOW? ;-)
>
> Article archived. I'll try it the next time I have a group of faces to
> customize.

If you do find a working solution, could you post it here?
Searching the use-net for answer so often does not come up with
solution.

It might help some persons. :-)

       [not found]       ` <87vff2rx8s.fsf@eg.terra>
@ 2004-08-29 12:17         ` Alexandre Russel
From: Alexandre Russel @ 2004-08-29 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

peterg@despammed.com (Peter G.) writes:

> [Maybe I should just wait with boxquotes until I've actually read the
> whole Emacs manual]
You can have a look here:
http://freebooks.by.ru/view/EmacsIn24h/index.htm
for a nice and quick overview of Emacs(I think the manual is just
 to much for a beginner).
Alex

@ 2004-08-29 20:13         ` Johan Bockgård
From: Johan Bockgård @ 2004-08-29 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

peterg@despammed.com (Peter G.) writes:

> And how exactly would I know the names of the different
> boxquote-functions I can choose from?

C-h a boxquote RET
M-x boxquote TAB TAB

--