* Re: Multiple user mail addresses
       [not found] <87fzowaaq3.fsf@earthlink.net>
@ 2003-04-05 21:53 ` Johan Bockgård
From: Johan Bockgård @ 2003-04-05 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rob French <fulcrum99@earthlink.net> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I want to send from different addresses. For example, my normal address
> is fulcrum99@..., and then I use fulcrum99lists@... for mailing lists
> and newsgroups. It was my understanding that I could do this with group
> and topic parameters. For example, I have a "linux" topic with the
> group parameters ((user-mail-address "fulcrum99lists@...")). The
> "gnu.emacs.gnus" group is under the "linux" topic, so it should inherit
> that group parameter, right? Nonetheless, as you're reading this, you'll
> probably see that it's from the fulcrum99@... address, so it didn't
> work. What am I doing wrong?

Lookup (info "(gnus)Posting Styles")

For example I have

(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '((message-news-p
         (from "bojohan+news@dd.chalmers.se (Johan Bockgård)"))
       ...)

in my .gnus. You could also put posting style info in the group
parameters (which see).

/Johan

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-04-05 21:53 UTC | newest]