* Re: spam.el
       [not found] ` <87ekx7ztpq.fsf@everett.mit.edu>
@ 2003-10-24 13:27   ` Adrian Lanz
From: Adrian Lanz @ 2003-10-24 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 20 Oct 2003, dmaze@mit.edu wrote:

> Myriam Abramson <mabramso@hotpop.com> writes:
>
>> I'm trying to install spam.el. Could somebody be kind enough to
>> post/send me their spam configuration (with defcustom)?  I read to
>> use nnmail-split-fancy but I'm just using nnmail-split-methods and
>> I assume that's okay too as long as spam-split gets called?
>
> I don't believe in customize.  Relevant fragments out of my .gnus
> file, though:
>
> (require 'spam)
> (setq nnmail-split-fancy
> `(|
> (: spam-split)
> ;; ...
> (any "dmaze@.*mit\\.edu" "mail.misc.personal")
> "mail.misc.impersonal"))
> (setq nnmail-split-methods 'nnmail-split-fancy)
> (setq gnus-spam-newsgroup-contents
> '(("nnml:mail.misc.spam" gnus-group-spam-classification-spam)
> 	("nnml:.*" gnus-group-spam-classification-ham))

Two things here:

1) Don't you need to quote the dots (and eventually the beginning of
   the group name as well)? That is:

   (setq gnus-spam-newsgroup-contents
      '(("^nnml:mail\\.misc\\.spam" gnus-group-spam-classification-spam)
	("nnml:.*" gnus-group-spam-classification-ham)))

2) What is spam.el doing with the group nnmail:mail.misc.spam, which
   is matched by both entries? Also, is the order relevant? Can we
   expect the same result with

   (setq gnus-spam-newsgroup-contents
      '(("^nnml:mail\\.misc\\.spam" gnus-group-spam-classification-spam)
	("nnml:.*" gnus-group-spam-classification-ham)))

   and

   (setq gnus-spam-newsgroup-contents
      '(("nnml:.*" gnus-group-spam-classification-ham)
        ("^nnml:mail\\.misc\\.spam" gnus-group-spam-classification-spam)))

Thanks, Adrian

* Re: spam.el
@ 2003-06-23 17:32 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2003-06-23 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003, bkhl@privat.utfors.se wrote:
> I am trying to get spam.el/bogofilter running in Gnus (CVS). I use
> the following settings (mostly snipped from GnusSpam on the Emacs
> Wiki). However, this seems to make all mail go to nnfolder:spam.
>
> Do I have to reclassify that? How do I do that with spam.el? Am I
> doing something else wrong?

Your settings look OK.  Try opening a suspected spam message and hit t
(to show all headers), then do M-: (spam-split)

That should show you either "spam" or nil, if it says "spam" then
Bogofilter thinks the message is spam.  See what happens if you save
the message to a file and run Bogofilter on that.  If it says nil, we
have some debugging to do :)  Submit a (gnus-bug) and attach the
message in question.

Thanks
Ted

* spam.el
@ 2003-06-21 10:47 Björn Lindström
From: Björn Lindström @ 2003-06-21 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am trying to get spam.el/bogofilter running in Gnus (CVS). I use the
following settings (mostly snipped from GnusSpam on the Emacs
Wiki). However, this seems to make all mail go to nnfolder:spam.

Do I have to reclassify that? How do I do that with spam.el? Am I doing
something else wrong?

(require 'spam)
(setq spam-use-bogofilter t)
(setq gnus-install-group-spam-parameters nil)

(setq gnus-spam-process-newsgroups
      '(("nnfolder:.*" (gnus-group-spam-exit-processor-bogofilter
                    gnus-group-ham-exit-processor-bogofilter)))

      ;; All messages marked as spam in these groups should go to nnfolder:spam
      gnus-spam-process-destinations '(("nnfolder:.*" "spam"))

      ;; and ham found into the spambox should be moved to reclassify group
      gnus-ham-process-destination '(("nnfolder:spam" "reclassify"))
      spam-junk-mailgroups '("spam")
      spam-split-group "spam")

(setq nnmail-split-methods 'nnmail-split-fancy
      nnmail-split-fancy
      `(|
        (: spam-split)                       ; Spam
        (: gnus-group-split-fancy nil t nil) ; Group parameter splitting
        "mail.misc"
))

* Re: spam.el
       [not found] <kfu1kp5gww.fsf@shaoz.activesky.com.au>
@ 2002-09-17  7:48 ` Jonas Steverud
From: Jonas Steverud @ 2002-09-17  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Shao Zhang <shaoz@activesky.com> writes:

> I am using oort gnus 0.07 and just saw this lisp file. Is this a new
> feature? Where can I find some documentation about how to use it to
> automatically splitting out the spam?

IIRC it is first alpha release and the athour is gone until 25:th of September.

I would suggest you want until early October to get the next release.

The only documentation is the file itself and one of the "bugs" are
the ... sparse documentation. :-)

There has been some discussion on the ding list about spam.el.

/Jonas, waiting for early October.
--
(          www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d4jonas/         !     Wei Wu Wei     )
(        Meaning of U2 Lyrics, Roleplaying        !  To Do Without Do  )