* unibyte->multibyte: mail splitting changes
@ 2003-09-26 12:39 Adrian Lanz
From: Adrian Lanz @ 2003-09-26 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

I changed my emacs from unibyte to multibyte for utf editing of XML
sources. So, I do not have the environment variable EMACS_UNIBYTE any
more and have set

(setq default-enable-multibyte-characters nil)
(set-language-environment "Latin-1")

(setq default-enable-multibyte-characters t)
(set-language-environment "Latin-1")

in my .emacs file. Now, I get slightly different mail splitting: some
messages arrive in the bogus group (mostly spam), where I never saw
messages before.

I tried to force latin-1 reading for the .gnus file through a first
line ";;-*-mode: emacs-lisp; coding: latin-1;-*-", but this does not
bring back the old rules for mail splitting. What does the trick?

I have some splitting functions written of my one, but as I do no
explicit character conversions (mainly fetching and analysing mail
header fields with standard functions available in the gnus and
message packages) I did not expect any influence by the unibyte to
multibyte change.

Thanks, Adrian

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-09-26 12:39 UTC | newest]