* Something wrong with nnimap?
@ 2004-02-05 10:20 Jarmo Hurri
From: Jarmo Hurri @ 2004-02-05 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

Two related questions concerning Gnus v5.10.6:

1. I've just started to use gnus to read my email on an IMAP server
   via nnimap. After a bit of a struggle I got the system up and
   running, but after using it for a while I ran into problems.

   After I have used gnus for a day or two to read my messages, Gnus
   is no longer able to read the messages from the IMAP server. When I
   try to read an email, it just says that the article has expired or
   has been cancelled. But the article is still there on the server (I
   checked the situation with another IMAP program). I have *not*
   expired these articles.

   I saw some older messages about a similar problem in some
   newsgroups, but I thought that this would have been corrected
   already. Does someone know whether there is a bug in nnimap?

2. If I can not get the nnimap connection to work, I will have to use
   Gnus to download messages from the server to the disk (nnfolder). I
   actually already tried to do this, but could not get it to work. I
   read the relevant info pages a number of times, and thought that
   this piece of code would do the trick (in my .gnus-file "server"
   and "user" are of course my own IMAP server and user name on that
   server):

  (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnfolder "")))
  (setq mail-sources '((imap :server "server" :user "user" :port 993
                        :stream ssl :mailbox "INBOX" :predicate nil))
        mail-source-crash-box "~/Mail/Inbox.CRASH")

   When I start Gnus, the program asks for my IMAP server
   password. But then nothing happens. I can not see any emails.  When
   I go to the server page (by hitting ^) and enter the nnfolder, it
   seems to be empty. Can someone tell me what is wrong with my
   approach here?

--
Jarmo Hurri

Spam countermeasures included. Drop your weapon when replying, or just
use firstname.lastname@cs.helsinki.fi .

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-02-05 10:20 UTC | newest]