* How can I remove the Y on msgs put there by all.SCORE
@ 2017-06-02 19:34 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2017-06-02 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Can anyone tell me how to remove the Y mark that my all.SCORE puts on
some messages?

I though maybe the `Alt-c' ( `gnus-clear-all-data' ) would do it, but
it appears not to be the case

* Re: How can I remove the Y on msgs put there by all.SCORE
@ 2017-06-02 21:41 ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2017-06-02 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> Can anyone tell me how to remove the Y mark that my
> all.SCORE puts on some messages?
>
> I though maybe the `Alt-c' ( `gnus-clear-all-data' )
> would do it, but it appears not to be the case

`gnus-summary-put-mark-as-unread-next'?

In the Emacs world, there are C and M. "Alt" is
something the keyboard manufacturer puts on a key.

Even so, I have no such key to do that, and not even
the function "gnus-clear-all-data"!

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

* Re: How can I remove the Y on msgs put there by all.SCORE
@ 2017-06-03 17:59   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2017-06-03 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com> writes:

>> Can anyone tell me how to remove the Y mark that my
>> all.SCORE puts on some messages?
>>
>> I though maybe the `Alt-c' ( `gnus-clear-all-data' )
>> would do it, but it appears not to be the case
>
> `gnus-summary-put-mark-as-unread-next'?
>
> In the Emacs world, there are C and M. "Alt" is
> something the keyboard manufacturer puts on a key.

Well yeah except when M is just `M'... that keyboard manufacturers
also put on a key.  Like in M P a ... when process marking.  I hoped
for clarity by using `Alt'.

> Even so, I have no such key to do that, and not even
> the function "gnus-clear-all-data"!

I did find a way to do it... mark the message ticked `u' and just
leave it if desired or then mark read `d' or unread `M-u' (note the
use of M but just in case anyone can't understand why uppercase M and
u don't work: `Alt-u')

Which sounds kind of pains taking until you encorporate the information
that Eric A supplied  "/ m" to set a mark to create a buffer of only
`Y' maked msgs.

Thank you Eric A and I should have found that myself but missed it.

* Re: How can I remove the Y on msgs put there by all.SCORE
@ 2017-06-03 18:03     ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2017-06-03 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> I did find a way to do it... mark the message ticked `u' and just
> leave it if desired or then mark read `d' or unread `M-u' (note the
> use of M but just in case anyone can't understand why uppercase M and
> u don't work: `Alt-u')

Scratch that... your suggestion `gnus-summary-put-mark-as-unread-next'

Is quicker I just didn't recognize it as M-u without looking it up

* Re: How can I remove the Y on msgs put there by all.SCORE
@ 2017-06-03 20:54     ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2017-06-03 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Harry Putnam wrote:

> Well yeah except when M is just `M'... that
> keyboard manufacturers also put on a key.
> Like in M P a ... when process marking.
> I hoped for clarity by using `Alt'.

It seems, the keyboard manufacturers have
turned out a formidable foe, capable of
devising the most hellish schemes!

But, add a dash, as in M- or just spell out
Meta, if you feel the need to distinguish it
from the letter/key M.