* Search in summary mode
@ 2016-09-03 15:34 Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희)
From: Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희) @ 2016-09-03 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

In summary mode, let's suppose that there are about 3000 articles. Then
i should get all artilces of one author. For example
"larsi@gnus.org". How?

As like Google search, i did expect that Gnus can do so. Welcome to any
comments, indeed.

Sincerely,

--
^고맙습니다 _地平天成_ 감사합니다_^))//

* Re: Search in summary mode
@ 2016-09-03 17:49 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2016-09-03 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Byung-Hee writes:

> In summary mode, let's suppose that there are about 3000 articles. Then
> i should get all artilces of one author. For example
> "larsi@gnus.org". How?

You can use / a (gnus-summary-limit-to-author) and enter what you want
to limit to.

You can limit on many different things, all starting with / - e.g. / s
for limiting on Subject.

/ w (gnus-summary-pop-limit) removes the latest limit you have added.

If you want to have more old articles included in the summary, you can
use / o (gnus-summary-insert-old-articles).

More information in the manual under "Limiting":

 · http://gnus.org/manual/gnus_38.html#Limiting

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand                Adam Sjøgren
  euphoria!"                                             asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Search in summary mode
@ 2016-09-03 17:49 ` Dmitry Alexandrov
From: Dmitry Alexandrov @ 2016-09-03 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Byung-Hee HWANG  ; +Cc: info-gnus-english

> In summary mode, let's suppose that there are about 3000 articles. Then
> i should get all artilces of one author. For example
> "larsi@gnus.org". How?

‘/a’ (‘M-x gnus-summary-limit-to-author’)

> As like Google search, i did expect that Gnus can do so. Welcome to any
> comments, indeed.

* Re: Search in summary mode
@ 2016-09-03 18:05   ` Dmitry Alexandrov
From: Dmitry Alexandrov @ 2016-09-03 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Byung-Hee HWANG  ; +Cc: info-gnus-english

>> In summary mode, let's suppose that there are about 3000 articles. Then
>> i should get all artilces of one author. For example
>> "larsi@gnus.org". How?
>
> ‘/a’ (‘M-x gnus-summary-limit-to-author’)

By the way, what might be more useful to mention is how could you find
this in the reference documentation, knowing two key words: ‘gnus’ and
‘author’:

   <f1> TAB gnus RET I author RET

* Re: Search in summary mode
@ 2016-09-05 15:54   ` Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희)
From: Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희) @ 2016-09-05 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) 께서 쓰시길,
 《記事 全文 <878tv8x49j.fsf@tullinup.koldfront.dk> 에서》:

> Byung-Hee writes:
>
>> In summary mode, let's suppose that there are about 3000 articles. Then
>> i should get all artilces of one author. For example
>> "larsi@gnus.org". How?
>
> You can use / a (gnus-summary-limit-to-author) and enter what you want
> to limit to.
>
> You can limit on many different things, all starting with / - e.g. / s
> for limiting on Subject.
>
> / w (gnus-summary-pop-limit) removes the latest limit you have added.
>
> If you want to have more old articles included in the summary, you can
> use / o (gnus-summary-insert-old-articles).
>
> More information in the manual under "Limiting":
>
>  · http://gnus.org/manual/gnus_38.html#Limiting

So late, i did test it. Very good result, thanks!!!

--
^고맙습니다 _地平天成_ 감사합니다_^))//

* Re: Search in summary mode
@ 2016-09-05 15:58     ` Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희)
From: Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희) @ 2016-09-05 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Dmitry Alexandrov <321942@gmail.com> 께서 쓰시길,
 《記事 全文 <8760qcyi38.fsf@gmail.com> 에서》:

>>> [......]
> By the way, what might be more useful to mention is how could you find
> this in the reference documentation, knowing two key words: ‘gnus’ and
> ‘author’:
>
>    <f1> TAB gnus RET I author RET

You are right, i have to add this advice in my mind, thanks!!!

--
^고맙습니다 _地平天成_ 감사합니다_^))//