* Gnus 5.10.1: `gnus-article-hide-citation-maybe' lack of visual cues
@ 2003-05-07 17:50 Eric Eide
From: Eric Eide @ 2003-05-07 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

With Gnus 5.10.1, I'm experimenting with automatic washing of long citations.

If I set variable `gnus-treat-hide-citation-maybe' to `t' and view an article
with verbose citations, Gnus does the right thing and hides the verbose
citations.  But:

  + I find the buttonizing of the hidden citations less than obvious.  Unlike
    the command `gnus-article-hide-citation', the `maybe' version doesn't
    insert the [+]/[-] buttons.

  + The `maybe' version doesn't invoke (gnus-add-wash-type 'cite), which means
    that there's no indictaion of the hidden citations in the mode line,
    either.  Is this intentional?

visual cues that the citations are hidden.  Any advice/opinions?

Thanks! ---

Eric.

Eric Eide <eeide@cs.utah.edu>  .         University of Utah School of Computing
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~eeide/ . +1 (801) 585-5512 voice, +1 (801) 581-5843 FAX

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-05-07 17:50 UTC | newest]