development list for leahutils (lr, xe, snooze, ...)
* inbox.vuxu.org moved to Postfix
@ 2024-01-14 15:21 Leah Neukirchen
From: Leah Neukirchen @ 2024-01-14 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: leahutils

Hello *,

After running an outdated version of sqmail for a few years, I decided
to move inbox.vuxu.org to Postfix 3.8 which is better maintained, has
more eyes on the code, and a good track record as well.

Migration was almost trivial, the only interesting thing is that a
.qmail file to forward e.g. to public-inbox-mda needs an explicit env call:

# cat ~public-inbox/.qmail-default
|HOME=/var/lib/public-inbox ORIGINAL_RECIPIENT="$EXT@inbox.vuxu.org" /usr/bin/public-inbox-mda
# cat ~public-inbox/.forward
"|env HOME=/var/lib/public-inbox /usr/bin/public-inbox-mda"

Postfix sets ORIGINAL_RECIPIENT out of the box.
(We use explicit HOME for reasons I don't want to go into here.)

cu,
--
Leah Neukirchen  <leah@vuxu.org>  https://leahneukirchen.org/

only message in thread, other threads:[~2024-01-14 15:21 UTC | newest]