discuss@mandoc.bsd.lv
* manpages resources
@ 2010-06-03 10:24 Kristaps Dzonsons
From: Kristaps Dzonsons @ 2010-06-03 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: discuss

During m2k10, Joerg, Ingo, and myself discussed putting together a
resource for -mdoc.  Cause right now, searching for "writing UNIX
manuals" pulls down a lot of crap.  It's no wonder the ports manuals are
such garbage.

So I propose:

http://manpages.bsd.lv/

Try asking about mdoc on the groff list (see the archive for a record of
my questions, most of which were unanswered).  They just don't know.
Well we can do better.  To this extent I humbly ask that at least the
main authorities---jmc, wiz, ruslan (who's not subscribed here),
etc.---subscribe themselves.  To provide at least a single-point for
contact, questions, etc.

I put up a few tutorials on things I find relevant.  If anyboby else
would like to contribute (please?), let me know and I can arrange an
account.

Ok, so it's a little kitschy to write a page in mdoc.  I got carried away...

Thanks,

Kristaps