discuss@mandoc.bsd.lv
* html div positioning
@ 2010-12-14  0:17 Will Backman
From: Will Backman @ 2010-12-14  0:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: discuss

First, thank you for mdocml!
I have been searching for a way to get the man pages put together into an epub file for offline reading on something like a Nook or Kindle.  The ebook readers have very narrow screens.
man2html just wraps up the man pages in pre tags, which doesn't allow the man pages to fit an entire line of text on the narrow screen.  mdocml is much closer, and the html displays well even down to a 640x480 resolution.  There is still some absolute positioning going on in the html output, such as "padding-left: 16.00em" on certain div tags.  These add up on some portions of the man pages, and produce the following example of a.out(5) on a Nook:
http://cisx1.uma.maine.edu/~wbackman/photo-1.JPG
I'm not sure I can override this with the -Ostyle=mycss.css option.
Thoughts?

And thank you once again.  A fast and versatile tool.