tech@mandoc.bsd.lv
* Document tab stuff?
@ 2010-05-25 14:00 Kristaps Dzonsons
From: Kristaps Dzonsons @ 2010-05-25 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tech

Hello,

In the wake of the good work in fixing up tabs, can mdoc.7 please be
modified to note where tabs are ok?  I'm not 100% sure myself, so I'd
rather not mess it up (run fgrep \\t to see other places where we're
playing with tabs).  The restrictions in tabs mdoc_validate.c and
man_validate.c should also be revisited, in this light.

Kristaps

* Re: Document tab stuff?
@ 2010-05-25 14:28 ` Joerg Sonnenberger
From: Joerg Sonnenberger @ 2010-05-25 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tech

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 04:00:44PM +0200, Kristaps Dzonsons wrote:
> In the wake of the good work in fixing up tabs, can mdoc.7 please be
> modified to note where tabs are ok?  I'm not 100% sure myself, so I'd
> rather not mess it up (run fgrep \\t to see other places where we're
> playing with tabs).  The restrictions in tabs mdoc_validate.c and
> man_validate.c should also be revisited, in this light.

I think that the only cases it should be documented as valid are .It
under .Bl -column and .Bd. Every other use should get a warning?

Joerg