tech@mandoc.bsd.lv
* Preview of man.cgi.
@ 2011-12-16 20:17 Kristaps Dzonsons
From: Kristaps Dzonsons @ 2011-12-16 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tech

Hi,

I've put up a preview of man.cgi as found in our repository:

  http://mdocml.bsd.lv/cgi-bin/man.cgi

The syntax for the "whatis" and "apropos" functions are as given in the
repository apropos(1) and whatis(1) (regular expressions, logical
operators, and so on).  However, this syntax is backwards-compatible
with the legacy apropos(1) and whatis(1).

To create this, I did the following in the mdocml source directory after
enabling cgi-bin in Apache (this is on OpenBSD-5.0, as manuals are
installed with sources):

  % make
  % sudo ./mandocdb # recreate the mandocdb(8)s
  % sudo ./catman -f # cache manuals in the chroot() jail
  % sudo make installcgi # install CGI and CSS

(Ok, I didn't do this exactly because BSD.lv uses virtual hosts.  In
reality, I ran "catman -f -o /usr/vhosts/mdocml.bsd.lv/www/cache, then
created an .htaccess file in the cgi-bin setting CACHE_DIR to the above.
  But I use the above on my stock OpenBSD box (plus CGI) all the time --
no need for any more than the above.)

Take care,

Kristaps

P.S., you'll also pull up my /usr/local/man directory in those results.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-12-16 20:17 UTC | newest]