mailing list of musl libc
* integer parser fixed/replaced thanks to cluts
@ 2011-07-14  5:24 Rich Felker
From: Rich Felker @ 2011-07-14  5:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Thanks to cluts' numeric tests, I've tracked down the errors in musl's
integer parsing routines and rewritten them as wrappers around a
unified core parser that can handle char-by-char or whole-string input
(or any mix). Eventually scanf will also use the new parser, reducing
code size and most likely improving correctness.

I also plan to write a new floating point parser based on the same
principles, which will facilitate adding the currently-missing
wcstof/wcstod/wcstold functions, and at the same time I hope to
address inexactness issues.

Rich

* Re: integer parser fixed/replaced thanks to cluts
@ 2011-07-14  9:18 ` Solar Designer
From: Solar Designer @ 2011-07-14  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Rich, Luka -

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 01:24:05AM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> Thanks to cluts' numeric tests, I've tracked down the errors in musl's
> integer parsing routines and rewritten them as wrappers around a
> unified core parser that can handle char-by-char or whole-string input
> (or any mix). Eventually scanf will also use the new parser, reducing
> code size and most likely improving correctness.

Sounds great.  It is encouraging that cluts is already helping musl
development.  Thanks, Luka!

Alexander