mailing list of musl libc
* test framework
@ 2011-07-29 13:18 Szabolcs Nagy
From: Szabolcs Nagy @ 2011-07-29 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

now that cluts has many tests i was started to
think how to put these into a framework so it's
easy to add new tests

imho it is a tiny bit more convenient than just
writing functions which return nonzero on error

i also added benchmarking support now
(some tests and benchmarks were added from
libc-testsuit and libc-bench)

http://repo.or.cz/w/musl-test.git

the idea of iterative benchmarking until elapsed
time is large enough is from the go testing
package, i'm not sure if this is the right
approach (for the malloc benchmarks it is not)

(makefile is uglier than it should be because i
still haven't fixed my musl-gcc)

finally: i added short int and int division
benchmarks to verify a discussion on irc :)

comments are welome

* Re: test framework
@ 2011-07-29 15:32 ` Solar Designer
From: Solar Designer @ 2011-07-29 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 03:18:39PM +0200, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> now that cluts has many tests i was started to
> think how to put these into a framework so it's
> easy to add new tests

Sounds good.

> http://repo.or.cz/w/musl-test.git

I am not sure I'd be placing each set of tests in its own subdirectory,
but this is fine.

Overall, we have a bunch of tests in cluts and some more in Rich's
libc-testsuite - and I think it'd make sense to put all of these in a
common framework.  cluts doesn't have to be Luka's code only.

http://git.etalabs.net/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=libc-testsuite

Alexander