mailing list of musl libc
* Is c16rtomb a buggy/underspecified API, or is it just me?
@ 2014-09-07 16:24 Rich Felker
From: Rich Felker @ 2014-09-07 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

I was looking at how much work would be involved in adding uchar.h
functions (one of the few remaining C11 items), and I can't seem to
figure out how c16rtomb is supposed to work. It's presumably for
converting UTF-16 to the locale's multibyte encoding (UTF-8 in our
case), since the opposite-direction function (mbrtoc16) has provisions
for generating pairs of surrogates, but I can't see any provisions in
the specification of c16rtomb for what it does when it gets the first
of a pair of surrogates and thus isn't ready to produce any output.

http://port70.net/~nsz/c/c11/n1570.html#7.28.1.2

Any ideas?

Rich

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-09-07 16:24 UTC | newest]