mailing list of musl libc
* Incorrect dynamic linker patch in gcc patch for MIPS
@ 2014-11-09 19:25 Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2014-11-09 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Hello,

I've already filled a report for this at
https://bitbucket.org/GregorR/musl-cross/issue/4/invalid-mips-soft-float-linker-path,
but I thought it would be good to mention that on the mailing list as
well.

The issue is that the musl build system, for MIPS soft float, installs a
dynamic linker symbolic link that contains a -sf suffix, but the gcc
patches for musl do not take into account this additional suffix.

For sure it's
https://bitbucket.org/GregorR/musl-gcc-patches/src/840cc2b165144383e061001b87e7f5b853d54c1a/mips.diff?at=default
that needs fixing, but I'm not sure on which gcc option should the
condition be added. Is it something like:

-#define MUSL_DYNAMIC_LINKER "/lib/ld-musl-mips" MUSL_DYNAMIC_LINKER_E ".so.1"
+#define MUSL_DYNAMIC_LINKER "/lib/ld-musl-mips" MUSL_DYNAMIC_LINKER_E "%{msoft-float:-sf}.so.1"

 ?

Thanks,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-11-09 19:25 UTC | newest]