mailing list of musl libc
* [musl] Reviving time-based release cycles
@ 2021-02-13 19:16 Rich Felker
From: Rich Felker @ 2021-02-13 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Over the past 1-2 years release cycles have gotten spread out far
longer than I'd like. A few of these (time64, to some extend mallocng,
and mt-fork) have had good reasons behind them, but overall I feel
like setting roadmap goals has been harmful to the original goal of
having time-based release cycle, and I'd like to try getting back to
it. In particular, with musl being rather mature and stable, a lot of
the time there's not a lot of exciting new stuff committed, and that's
okay -- the small fixes, sync with new kernel features, etc. that go
in should make it quickly into tagged releases.

I'd like to try rolling another release in the next 1-2 weeks, just
pulling in any unmerged low-risk patches that haven't been addressed
yet and any related fixes that come up while working on them. I
believe there are still fairly many. Then we can get back to new work
by myself and others that's been set aside for a while.

Please start pinging anything you'd like me to take a look at for
inclusion.

Rich

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-02-13 19:16 UTC | newest]