mailing list of musl libc
* Weekly reports: B
@ 2011-05-30 10:51 Luka Marčetić
From: Luka Marčetić @ 2011-05-30 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Code still in the making.

I haven't been able to complete nr. 1 yet. "Switch/case" method of doing
things proved not to be very flexible, so I had to altogether change my
approach (it's now demoted to if(!setjmp(env))'s). It turned out that,
taking all requirements into account, a great deal of code needs to be
written for each function, and there are more than 30 functions in
string.h last time I counted. I'm again busy with college for the first
half of this week, but I'll try hard to finish nr. 1 in the foreseeable
future. And then I'll take up more than one category some other week
(when I'll have less other things to do) to make up for lost time. I
hope that's ok.

Thanks,
-Luka M

P.S. Stuff is a bit indented, and I'm not sure how to fit in fprinting
result messages without breaking the 80 char width, or loosing their
code-documenting application...

* Re: Weekly reports: B - cont.
@ 2011-06-06  0:26 ` Luka Marčetić
From: Luka Marčetić @ 2011-06-06  0:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Hi

I'll be going out of town tomorrow, so I'll shoot up a report now, and
then a new one (report for week C) later on next week.

String.h functions... they take more time to write than I thought they
would. I'll have to write several string.h function tests each week
until it's done, while doing other tasks in parallel. :-/
So instead of that task, I'm going to turn in the memory testing one for
week B. I have it almost complete (malloc, calloc and posix_memalign are
tested), but there are still a few bugs and I want to put a nice realloc
test in too.
As far as week C goes, I'll tell you which task I'll do next after I
send you "alloc.c" (Wednesday the latest).

Until then,
-Luka