mailing list of musl libc
* [musl] [BUG] hasmntopt weirdness
@ 2023-03-30 10:02 Matthias Görgens
From: Matthias Görgens @ 2023-03-30 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

Musl's `hasmntopt` is a bit weird.

For example, my `/proc/mounts` contains the following line:

shm /dev/shm tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=65536k,inode64 0 0

If I run `hasmntopt(entp, "suid")` on that entry with glibc, I get
NULL. In musl I get: "suid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=65536k,inode64".

Do we have a spec for what should happen? I can find multiple
descriptions online, some of them would allow what musl does, but not
all. I don't know what's authoritative.

Arguably the musl behaviour is a bit silly by itself, and would
actively cause bugs for someone porting programs from glibc.