mailing list of musl libc
* Updated documentation on cross building LLVM for Musl
@ 2019-02-13 18:59 Croepha
From: Croepha @ 2019-02-13 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

I spent some time figuring out how to get Clang and related tools to build
against musl starting from a Glib system.  The result is a GNU-less (no
libgcc, libstdc++, and GNU LD, AR...) toolchain. I figured I'd share in the
hopes that someone else may find it useful...

Note:  Clang and friends works as expected, but I couldn't get the
sanitizers to build against Musl, so that is the only limitation that I am
aware of...

Full doc here:
https://gist.github.com/croepha/cdaf30638109b1a949f35aa215a7c86d

--Dave

* Re: Updated documentation on cross building LLVM for Musl
@ 2019-02-13 19:13 ` A. Wilcox
From: A. Wilcox @ 2019-02-13 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl

On 02/13/19 12:59, Croepha wrote:

> I spent some time figuring out how to get Clang and related tools to
> build against musl starting from a Glib system.  The result is a
> GNU-less (no libgcc, libstdc++, and GNU LD, AR...) toolchain. I figured
> I'd share in the hopes that someone else may find it useful...
>
> Note:  Clang and friends works as expected, but I couldn't get the
> sanitizers to build against Musl, so that is the only limitation that I
> am aware of...
>
> Full doc here:
> https://gist.github.com/croepha/cdaf30638109b1a949f35aa215a7c86d
>
> --Dave

Beginning of document:

# LLVM seems to work great on Musl, there only seems some build errors
# when trying to build the sanitizers.  So sanitizers have been enabled.

You probably mean "disabled".

Thanks for this.  Does LLVM have things like ar(1), as(1), nm(1) and
friends as well?  So you really don't need binutils?

Best,
--arw

--
A. Wilcox (awilfox)
Project Lead, Adélie Linux

* Re: Updated documentation on cross building LLVM for Musl
@ 2019-02-13 19:18   ` Dave Butler
From: Dave Butler @ 2019-02-13 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: musl