* [NTG-context] issue with typing in footnotes
@ 2024-03-17 16:38 Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context
From: Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context @ 2024-03-17 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt users; +Cc: Pablo Rodriguez

Dear list,

I have the following sample (which was on the way of showing another issue):

  \starttext
  \starttyping
  \stoptyping
  \startfootnote
  \starttyping
  \stoptyping
  \stopfootnote
  \stoptext

Current latest (from 2024.03.11 09:34) breaks compilation with both LMTX
and LuaTeX.

As far as I know, this sample should be compiled without any issue.

Could you be so kind to confirm the issue or explain me what am I missing?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl

* [NTG-context] Re: issue with typing in footnotes
@ 2024-03-17 22:58 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2024-03-17 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Pablo Rodriguez

Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context schrieb am 17.03.2024 um 17:38:
> Dear list,
>
> I have the following sample (which was on the way of showing another issue):
>
>    \starttext
>    \starttyping
>    \stoptyping
>    \startfootnote
>    \starttyping
>    \stoptyping
>    \stopfootnote
>    \stoptext
>
> Current latest (from 2024.03.11 09:34) breaks compilation with both LMTX
> and LuaTeX.
>
> As far as I know, this sample should be compiled without any issue.
>
> Could you be so kind to confirm the issue or explain me what am I missing?

The footnote environment is just a fancy way for a command with a
argument and buffers don't like being part of arguments.

You can put the code in buffer outside of the footnote and type the
content of the buffer in the footnote.

%%%% begin example
\starttext

\def\startfoo#1\stopfoo{#1}

% \startfoo
% xxx
% \starttyping
% yyy
% \stoptyping
% zzz
% \stopfoo

\startbuffer
yyy
\stopbuffer

\startfoo
xxx
\typebuffer
zzz
\stopfoo

\stoptext
%%%% end example

Wolfgang

@ 2024-03-18 17:11   ` Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context
From: Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context @ 2024-03-18 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Pablo Rodriguez

On 3/17/24 23:58, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context schrieb am 17.03.2024 um 17:38:
>> [...]
>> As far as I know, this sample should be compiled without any issue.
>>
>> Could you be so kind to confirm the issue or explain me what am I missing?
>
> The footnote environment is just a fancy way for a command with a
> argument and buffers don't like being part of arguments.
>
> You can put the code in buffer outside of the footnote and type the
> content of the buffer in the footnote.

Many thanks for your reply, Wolfgang.

Everything is clear to me now.