* Re: OpenBSD binaries
@ 2022-11-09 18:45 damien thiriet via ntg-context
From: damien thiriet via ntg-context @ 2022-11-09 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: damien

> Wasn't it you who actually suggested to have the two versions?

I bet I was… mea maxima culpa.
Looks anyway like there are not many OBSD users dealing with ConTeXt…

> the sources are in the distribution as is build.sh

Thanks Hans. I understand these are on

https://www.pragma-ade.nl/download-1.htm

I'll give it a try during my next holidays…

Best regards,

Damien Thiriet

* Re: OpenBSD binaries
@ 2022-11-04  9:06 ` Hans Hagen via ntg-context
From: Hans Hagen via ntg-context @ 2022-11-04  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: damien thiriet via ntg-context; +Cc: Hans Hagen

On 11/4/2022 9:24 AM, damien thiriet via ntg-context wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have two question regarding OBSD binaries:
>
> 1)
> the building farm holds two binaries: current -stable version (or
> -release?) and the previous version.
> Since upgrading OBSD with sysupgrade is very easy, but AFAIU works only
> to upgrade from version (n-1) to n where n is current relase number, I
> wonder if it wouldn't easier to maintain binaries only for the current
> version: keeping the OS up to date is strongly recommended.

Wasn't it you who actually suggested to have the two versions?

> https://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq5.html#Flavors
>
> This might ease OBSD binaries management.
> What do other OBSD users think about it?
>
> 2) AFAIU, sources are now available for downloading.
> I understand it would be possible to make a package build for my system,
> so that I can upgrade OBSD without having to wait for the next binaries
> upload.
> * binaries are quite small, so they should compile quite quickly. Am I
> right?
> * I believe Mojca has already a compiling script. Where can I find it?
> * which adress should I point to fetch the sources for compilation?
the sources are in the distribution as is build.sh

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* OpenBSD binaries
@ 2022-11-04  8:24 damien thiriet via ntg-context