* [NTG-context] how to apply gradient color to a piece of text?
@ 2024-04-07 10:48 seyal.zavira
From: seyal.zavira @ 2024-04-07 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

hi all,

when i look at luametafun manual there are some intresting examples that can apply gradient colors to metapost paths.
how i can apply this cool feature to a piece of text?

i tried the code below but it does not produce any result.

\definecolor[Gleft] [h=9f9393]
\definecolor[Gright] [h=ff1aa4]
\startMPpage
picture Mytext;
Mytext := btex hello etex;

draw lmt_shade [
picture="Mytext",
direction = "right",
domain= { 0, 2 },
colors= { "headerGleft", "headerGright" },
] ;
\stopMPpage

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl

* [NTG-context] Re: how to apply gradient color to a piece of text?
@ 2024-04-07 13:51 ` Keith McKay
From: Keith McKay @ 2024-04-07 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Have a look at the posts starting on the 2 March 2021 with the subject
heading "Shaded Large Letters in LMTX". Hans gave a great solution.

Best Wishes

Keith

@ 2024-04-07 16:41   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2024-04-07 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Am 07.04.24 um 15:51 schrieb Keith McKay:
> Have a look at the posts starting on the 2 March 2021 with the subject
> heading "Shaded Large Letters in LMTX". Hans gave a great solution.

Neither for the example in
https://mailman.ntg.nl/archives/list/ntg-context@ntg.nl/message/SNL5YJ3NKZNFYAPG3MCZXA2363GWEJA3/
nor for that in
https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Cover_Pages#Empty_or_Transparent_letters
I get any text in the gradient box. The font is loaded.

Does it work for you?

(ConTeXt LMTX 2024.04.01 08:59 with self-compiled binary)
Hraban

@ 2024-04-07 16:56     ` Keith McKay
From: Keith McKay @ 2024-04-07 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Not for me either. I used it somewhere so I'll need to look back in my
files.

Keith