From: Hans Hagen <j.hagen@xs4all.nl>
Subject: [NTG-context] upload
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 09:31:29 +0200	[thread overview]

There is a new lmtx upload.

-- The svg inclusion via metapost has been upgraded and cleanup a bit,
using some more recent metapost features. There are some new (not yet
all documented metapost) features.

-- In the process, support for LCH colors has been added, which is
documented in the (eg luametafun manual).

-- The math manual is not yet there because we were distracted by
improving support for envelopes (penbased outlines) in metafun. This is
still work in progress, some is present and discussed in the manual, and
we'll come back to that sometime next month. Given the next item, we
also might need to change some in the manual (different focus).

-- Because we have users who have to conform to the European
Accessibility Act we have been wondering how to deal with that and at
Mikaels place there are two demands: distinctive colors and tagging and
especially math (somehow validators love to check that). Colors never
were an issue as they can be controlled, and tagging math neither,
especially because nothing was/is done with it anyway, but ... we are
happy that we found a reasonable (more modern and future proof) way out.

As explained / shown in the attached document we're basically forced to
choose a different approach with math (a pity as we worked hard to get
the rendering right but the attached file works fine in the viewers that
we tested).

-- We like to hear from users what other demands wrt accessibility there
are. We're not interested in the (commercial) big money aspects (of pdf
and tagging) nor in the politics behind it (changes over time). What are
the demands, so that we can see how to make it work or just work around
it (as it's kind of boring to cook uyp complex features	, esp compared
to playing with metapost).

-- Furthermore .. the usual bits and pieces as discussed on the list and
otherwise.

-- If you have troubles (crash) you need to wipe the cache due to a
change in lua bytecode storage (no easy way to catch it).

Hans & Mikael

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE